We regret to announce that Professor Alexej N. Platonov, an Honorary Member of the Mineralogical Society of Poland and an active Member of the Editorial Board of the journal Mineralogia, passed away on 22 March 2016.
Professor Platonov worked at the Institute of Geochemistry, Mineralogy and Ore Formation, Academy of Science of Ukraine in Kiev. He was a respected and internationally-acknowledged mineralogist, a specialist in the field of the physics of minerals and a leading personality of the Schools on the Physics of Minerals, a series of interdisciplinary international conferences organized in Poland in the1980s and 1990s.
Mineralogia, an open access journal publishes original papers in the scope of widely understood mineralogical sciences (i. e. mineralogy, petrology, geochemistry, environmental sciences, applied mineralogy, etc.). Mineralogia (formerly Mineralogia Polonica) is an English language journal with 40 years long tradition.
- facilitates communication and promotes scientific research,
- cover broad scope of mineralogy, geochemistry, petrology and related disciplines,
- offers both printed (ISSN 1899-8291) and electronic versions (eISSN 1899-8526).
Benefits for the Authors:
- fast and constructive blind peer reviews provided by international specialists,
- electronic version available on De Gruyter webpage(www.degruyter.com/view/j/mipo)
- English language-correction for authors from non-English speaking countries,
- no processing and no publication charges
- no limits for colour figures in electronic version,
- high-quality electronic publication technology,
- promotion of published articles.
- abstracting and indexing in databases De Gruyter(www.degruyter.com/view/j/mipo)
Original research papers up to 20 pages (1800 characters per page), review papers, scientific communications, short notes (e.g. new interesting occurrences of minerals), book reviews and letters to the editors with comments on the papers published are published. Authors of larger manuscripts are asked to contact the Editor before submission.
If you have any questions regarding our journal please address them to the: firstname.lastname@example.org